There is a growing consensus among scientists as well as national and local governments representing hundreds of millions of people, that humanity faces a climate crisis that demands a crisis response. New research explores one possible mode of response: a massively funded program to deploy direct air capture (DAC) systems that remove CO2 directly from the ambient air and sequester it safely underground.
- Scientists reveal mechanism that causes irritable bowel syndrome
- One small alcoholic drink a day is linked to an increased risk of atrial fibrillation
- Overactive food quality control system triggers food allergies, scientists say
- Not as simple as thought: How bacteria form membrane vesicles
- Model analyzes how viruses escape the immune system