Researchers have developed a highly sensitive technique to quantitatively evaluate the extent of cytoskeleton bundling from microscopic images. Until now, analysis of cytoskeleton organization was typically made by manually checking microscopic images. The new method uses microscopic image analysis techniques to automatically measure the cytoskeleton organization. The researchers expect it to dramatically improve our understanding of various cellular phenomena related to cytoskeletal bundling.
- Scientists reveal mechanism that causes irritable bowel syndrome
- One small alcoholic drink a day is linked to an increased risk of atrial fibrillation
- Overactive food quality control system triggers food allergies, scientists say
- Not as simple as thought: How bacteria form membrane vesicles
- Model analyzes how viruses escape the immune system