Even in the world of the smallest particles with their own special rules, things cannot proceed infinitely fast. Physicists have now shown what the speed limit is for complex quantum operations. The results are important for the realization of quantum computers, among other things.
- DNA extracted from modern, ancient and fossil tropical shells
- Spintronics: New production method makes crystalline microstructures universally usable
- Researchers challenge the Conservation Reserve Program status quo to mitigate fossil fuels
- Kittens could hold key to understanding deadly diarrheal disease in children
- Like wine, environmental conditions impact flavor of whiskey, study finds