A new study suggests a strong correlation between following the MIND and Mediterranean diets and later onset of Parkinson’s disease (PD). While researchers have long known of neuroprotective effects of the MIND diet for diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia, this study is the first to suggest a link between this diet and brain health for Parkinson’s disease (PD).
- Scientists reveal mechanism that causes irritable bowel syndrome
- One small alcoholic drink a day is linked to an increased risk of atrial fibrillation
- Overactive food quality control system triggers food allergies, scientists say
- Not as simple as thought: How bacteria form membrane vesicles
- Model analyzes how viruses escape the immune system