Disorders of the cells’ energy supply can cause a number of serious diseases, but also seem to be connected to ageing. More research is needed on mitochondrial function to find future treatments. A new study shows how an important molecule inside the mitochondria affects their function in mice and fruit flies. The study adds valuable knowledge on formerly relatively unexplored protein modifications.
- DNA extracted from modern, ancient and fossil tropical shells
- Spintronics: New production method makes crystalline microstructures universally usable
- Researchers challenge the Conservation Reserve Program status quo to mitigate fossil fuels
- Kittens could hold key to understanding deadly diarrheal disease in children
- Like wine, environmental conditions impact flavor of whiskey, study finds